"It Really Does Work!"
Joshua works in a Car Ship, he works there as a Mechanical Engineer ranked as 3rd Engineer. And I work as a Secretary here in Middle East U.A.E. in a Construction Company.
We only get a chance to communicate whenever they dock or go to a Country with Internet Connection.
I know some of you guys might be thinking that it is freaking impossible, but its not. :)
Me and Joshua have been dating for 6 years now, and ever since we started this relationship it has always been this way.
Since we started dating during my Senior Year on College, we've always been in a Long Distance Relationship. :)
There are some of us that can pull this kind of Relationship, but also some of us can't. It depends on how both of you and your partner handle this kind of situation.
Holding on, being polite, being loyal, being patient, being trustworthy and also being in love at the same time is very important.
Ever since my relationship with him started all I could hear was;
- YOU GUYS WON'T WORK OUT!
- EVERY PORT REPORT! (it means, in every port he has a girl waiting for him. Like, seriously! That's just crazy!)
- HE WILL FOR SURE REPLACE YOU WITH SOME OTHER GIRLS!
But I ain't no girl! I'm a lady! (rolling my eyes out)
And all sorts of negative things that they could say.
It really is crazy whenever I hear that. But never did I listen. Like, first of all, those people that are talking bad about me and my relationship are not even part of my life nor in my relationship. Why the hell should I be listening to them?!
Being STRONG is also important when it comes to this . Never in my life I have imagine that I will work abroad and pursuing my Career like this. I mean, all I was thinking about is to just wait for him whenever his contract is finish and come back home in our Hometown.
~ It is not easy! I tell you! ~
It's not all about rainbows and butterflies in this kind of situation. There are times that you can't barely think straight because some times, we can't communicate for a month or two. Yes! a month and even more! And No! Being doubtful? Nah! I'm too busy to even think negative stuff about him.
And Yes! I do trust him! In a way that I don't even bother to argue with him because I'm thinking bad and my thoughts are being crazy.
Being in a Long Distance Relationship it really is normal to daydream that "I wish he was here with me", "We could've been cuddling here by now", "I wish he could've seen this beautiful view that I'm seeing" and all sorts of things.
~ We talk and share a lot of things ~
We usually share our thoughts about things and even about the things that we could make our relationship work out even more.
Listening is also part of this situation. Listening to your partner is very important. It's not always just about you and your feelings. It's about both of you.
Don't be too selfish, when it comes to what you feel and what you think. Because Relationship is about the two of you working things out.
Proper COMMUNICATION, is also very important to this kind of Relationship.
Love and Respect each other's decision and opinion. Don't be too self-centered about everything you think nor decide.
Last but not the least, don't ever forget to LOVE YOURSELF as well. Don't forget that you need Self Love to your own soul before loving someone. ^^
Loving yourself in a balance way is not selfish at all, its a way of respecting yourself. Respecting and embracing each and every flaw you have. :) Which is our special quality of ourselves :)
========================================================================
If you got some questions, please feel free to comment :)
I would love to read your comments and questions about my Blog ^^
Proper COMMUNICATION, is also very important to this kind of Relationship.
Love and Respect each other's decision and opinion. Don't be too self-centered about everything you think nor decide.
Last but not the least, don't ever forget to LOVE YOURSELF as well. Don't forget that you need Self Love to your own soul before loving someone. ^^
Loving yourself in a balance way is not selfish at all, its a way of respecting yourself. Respecting and embracing each and every flaw you have. :) Which is our special quality of ourselves :)
♥,
Aly ^^
If you got some questions, please feel free to comment :)
I would love to read your comments and questions about my Blog ^^
No comments:
Post a Comment